- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon tuscan herbs
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 cup pastina, uncooked (1 cup=1/2 of a 12oz box)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen petit peas
- salt, pepper to taste
- Cook and stir herbs, carrot, onion, celery and salt in hot butter until tender but not browned.
- Add pasta, cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth and parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, stir through peas.Â
- Â Reduce heat, cover and cook 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.