Fridge and/or Freezer Pickles
7 cups sliced skin-on cucumbers (ordinary or the pickle cucumbers)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed (can substitute fresh dill weed)
Â½ tablespoon salt
1 cup white vinegar
1 large onion thinly sliced
1. Mix sugar, celery seed/dill, salt and white vinegar until well blended.
2. Pour over cucumbers and onions, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Put in a gallon freezer ziplock bag, making sure to scape any sugar/salt residue with a spatula into the bag.
4. Leave in refrigerator for 5 days, turning the bag once a day. For fear of leaks, place bag in the crisper drawer, or a large bowl.
5. Fridge; put into airtight containers with the liquid to cover. Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
6. Freezer: Put into smaller ziplock bags/freezer containers and freeze. To use, thaw, put into sealed fridge container and leave in fridge.